LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Camera with NI Vision Hardware list

Hello

I would like to use Web Camera for Microrobot position detection. I know NI Vision development (is acquisition is OK ??) toolkit is necessary software, What other Hardware do I need for this. Are all the WebCam supported for this, any suggestions for Any other Cameras or Cables.

Starting from the scratch, Need some help.

Thank You in Advance.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks & Regards,
Kunal Raithatha.
CTD - CLAD (I wish I can take off that A, and maybe use it later to replace D 🙂

Easy Tip :- "To copy an image to a VI icon, drag the image file and place it on the icon
located in the upper right corner of the front panel or block diagram" ...If you know any
more reply back.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,487 Views)

To perform any image processing, you will need to buy the NI Vision Development Module.  The Vision Acquisition Software will only allow you to acquire and save images from a camera.

When choosing a webcam you need to make sure it is compliant with the necessary protocols:

• For a USB camera, it needs to be DirectShow compliant.
  • For a Firewire (IEEE 1394) camera, it needs to be DCAM compliant.
  • For a GigE Camera (Ethernet), it needs to comply to GigE Vision.

If the camera is fully compliant with the standards, NI software should be able to interface with them using our IMAQdx drivers. 

Zach C.
Field Engineer
Greater Los Angeles

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,464 Views)