From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waveform signal

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone.

I'm a beginner on Labview. I would like to ask about my problem described below:

I'm making a waveform signal and I want have another signal which has delay time as 1 min (the amplitude not change). Then I want to compare the amplitude of the two signals at the same time. Actually, I only find how to make a signal by discrete values (array) but I dont know how to find an amplitude at a defined time.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,549 Views)

I think what you are really wanting to do is compare the waveform's data points.  Data point 1 at t and data point 2 at t+1minute.  If you know the sampling rate, this isn't hard.  If you are going be sample rate (samples/second, we'll call it S), then you want to compare indecies t and t+S*60.  If you have dt instead (seconds/sample), then your indecies are t and t+60/dt.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,540 Views)

Thanks crossrulz but what I'm confused here is about labview funtions.

I did a kind of example to show my problem as attached.

I tried to make a delay funtion by extracting t0 from 1 signal then plus 60 to form a new signal which delays 1min (which can be seen on the graph). However, when I subtract them, the values are always 0 (I know the problem here is that the Y values of the 2 signals do not change while I set up a delay function like that but I cannot handle it).

P/s: I just start labview like the way I did in matlab simulink 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,531 Views)

Sorry I forgot to attach the file

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,530 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Leyenda

Hi

it is expected to see the difference as 0, since you are comparing element 'i' of channel 1 with element 'i' of channel 2.

you are not comapring them as per their time instant.

so, instead of calculating the difference of the two Y arrays like that, you should do the following:

option 1: since the dt = 1 minute, you delete the first element of channel 1 Y array and then compare it with channel 2 Y array. (do not modify channel 2 Y array). then, you would be comparing Y elements which are at the same time instant.

option 2: use a For loop, with shift registers and compare the current value of channel 2 with previous iteration value of channel 1.

edit: try the attached code

Regards
Freelance_LV
TestAutomation Consultant
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,514 Views)

Thank you so much Freelance_LV. It's really helpful for me.

Also I'd like to thank all of you for spending your time on my problem.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,498 Views)