From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waveform graph Y positions

I am trying to view 2 channels on a TDS5034B oscilloscope at different vertical positions. Using the driver files, i can adjust the channels vertical positions on the scope but not on my waveform graph. They both start on the 0 position intsead on my required 1 and -2 so that they can be viewed easier. Does the build wavefrom need extra info?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,361 Views)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,344 Views)
When you retrieve the waveform data from the scope, you are getting the actual x values and not the display offset. There are a couple of things that you can do. One is to retrieve the display offset and add that to the data. This is easily done with the add function. One input would be your x array. The other input would be the offset as a scalar. This will off the offset to every element in the array. Of course when you do that, any measurements you do with the resultant waveform will have to take into account the offset that you added. Another way to offset the waveforms and keep the original values is to assign the waveforms to two different axes of a graph (duplicate scales) and then offset the scales. For example, you could use a property node to set y range 1 to +7/-3 and y range 2 to +3/-7 if the range would normally be +5/-5. This is basically what you are doing on the scope when you move the zero reference point.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,340 Views)
Dennis, i tried "get offset" and then used the add to the y elements but the value remained at 0. I had previously set the offset values in a previous vi. However by simply placing a numeric control and then adding to the y elements, i managed to manipulate the array. Would like to get the get offset working though?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,331 Views)
Sorry, i was using the get offset function instead of get position. Now works ok.
Thanks for your time.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,330 Views)