LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waveform graph X scale offset and multiplier Property node

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using X scale offset and multiplier property node for my project. I know the sampling rate and I took the inverse of it to get the time. Then I used X scale multiplier to get the scaling on X axis. But the problem is when I run the VI the scale on X axis does not get adjust. I have a really small time step may be thats an issue. I have attached a picture of it to show you the issue.

Can someone tell me how can I fix it so that I have a proper time steps based on the sampling rate.

Capture shows the block diagram and Capture 2 shows the front panel.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 22
(6,571 Views)

You know, if you had attach your VI (not a picture, but the VI, itself), we could see exactly what you did, could even run your code to see what LabVIEW tries to do with it, and could pinpoint a solution for you.  Please, if you want help with your code, show us the code (not a non-executable picture of a tiny piece of the code).

Bob "No Pictures, Please" Schor

Message 2 of 22
(6,564 Views)

As Bob said, we need to see the actual code. We don't know what's in the cluster, how often you write these properties, or hardly anything about the code.

Almost equally important, what are you hoping for the end result to be? Do you want your x-axis to be absolute time? (i.e. July 26, 2016 1:49PM) or do you want it to be relative to when your test started? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 22
(6,531 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author studentgirl

Does your graph have any data showing?

You have a very small delta T.  Your graph shows a scale with 0 digits of decimal precision.  If you changed it to show 5 or 6 decimal places, those 0's will be come more meaning full as 0.000000  0.000065, ......

Message 4 of 22
(6,525 Views)

Could you describe the purpose of the scaling? Maybe it is just not doing what you think it should be doing. For instance, if you want to manually adjust the tick marks (start, stop, increment, etc.) you would need to use the properties found under X Scale >> Range.

Dale S.
RF Systems Engineer - NI
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 22
(6,486 Views)

I actually want the time interval based on delta t which is really small. So basically for example if my delta t is 0.2 s then I want my x-axis to be 0 0.2 , 0.4, 0.6 .......

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 22
(6,469 Views)

I believe you want the property that I mentioned in my last post then. I would suggest looking at an example to be sure:

Help >> Find Examples... >> Fundamentals >> Graphs and Charts >> Control References.vi

Run the example and edit the YScale.Range:Minimum and Maximum controls and see if the chart changes the way you want it to.

Dale S.
RF Systems Engineer - NI
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 22
(6,464 Views)

Just to reiterate - please post your code! We can waste a lot of time guessing what you did wrong.

If you just want want the data points to be spaced by your dt, then write that to the "multiplier" property in seconds. No need for offset.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 22
(6,462 Views)

I am not able to post the code since it is trying to read a data file captured from scope. If I upload the data file even in zipped folder it is not gonna let you open it as I tried it before. That's why I am a little stuck here. The labview is being used to create a file to read that data file. Is there anything else I can do to provide you more info about the code?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 22
(6,451 Views)

If you are working in a project just right click on Build Specifications >> Zip File. Even if we are missing drivers it is still helpful.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 22
(6,449 Views)