From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waveform chart to polar graph

Hi,
I'm acquiring data from an instrument that I display on a Waveform Chart. All the data is between 0.98 and 1.02 approximately. Instead of displaying it on a waveform chart, I want to display it as a circle. I've tried to convert it (my data (R) around 1.00 and an increment (t) to use Rcos(t) and Rsin(t)) and display it on a XY graph, but it seems I am reading at a to high frequency (250Hz) to have it displayed in time. Can I do something about that? Also, I'd like to know how can I display polar scales on my graph. Thanks a lot.

Phil
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(6,551 Views)
Greetings, Phil:

Have you tried the polar plot indicator? It's a lot easier than trying to create a a polar plot on an xy chart. The polar scales are already built in, too. I've attached a rudimentary example.

Eric
Eric P. Nichols
P.O. Box 56235
North Pole, AK 99705
Message 2 of 9
(6,551 Views)
Yes, it's much more simple than with the XY Graph, even if it's just a picture. For me, it's enough. But I've tried to change couple of things in the display without succes. I did not find the right properties to do those changes. First, it seems I can't resize the graph to have it take close to the entire screen. Second, I'd like to change and display the scales on the picture, if possible on the round lines instead of the horizontal ones on the first quadrant. I've tried to play with differents properties but I'm unable to fnd the right ones to do those 2 changes. Maybe you can help me once again. Thanks a lot, I appreciate.

Phil
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(6,551 Views)
Hello again!

I wired up the polar attributes in the attached example. This may help some. Also, if you're comfortable with the innards of Labview vi's you can "drill down" through the polar plot vi, and find a subvi, called "PEN", which is where your actual pixels are drawn. You might be able to tweak things a lot more at that level, but it's not for the faint of heart. YOu can resize the graph only if it's not running (must be in edit mode) Just drag the corner of it, and when you restart, the display will fill your black box.

Eric
Eric P. Nichols
P.O. Box 56235
North Pole, AK 99705
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(6,551 Views)

Hi! I want to make the polar plot of a waveform generated by simulated signal block...But the polar plot block wants the array as input.

Tell me how to convert my waveform into array..

Remember: The signal is produced by simulate signal block.help me to do this.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,786 Views)

Open almost any of the functions on the Waveform Palette (Get Waveform Components might be a good one) and look at the Detailed Help.  Figure it out from there.  If you "do it yourself", trust me, you will remember it much better than if we just "give you the answer".

You can apply this principle to a lot of LabVIEW.  I'm assuming you have not taken advantage of the numerous tutorials available, but the on-line Help really can be helpful.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,780 Views)

I have tried the option that you mentioned but "the get waveform component" does not take input from simulate signal block.Says like in the picture:

It is right that input is 2D but sink is 1D,but i did find the option to make it to 2D input block.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,771 Views)

Right-click on Simulate Signal, get Help.  Specifically, look at the Block Diagram Outputs.  See "Signal"?  It tells you what the data type of the output is, and even gives you a link to click on for more help, including how to get the output converted to a Waveform.

Do a little of your own work, please.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,759 Views)

I could  not found the solution.I am new to labview.Please help me to solve it.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,737 Views)