LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waveform chart format(X-axis)

Hi, this might be a stupid question but I can't seem to figure it out. I want my x-axis to start at 0 and count in milliseconds up to 50(maybe like 5 ms intervals) with just a relative time.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,569 Views)

I also would like to be able to see how long the chart stayed at it's maximum value, etc.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,556 Views)

Congratulations on getting LabVIEW 2017 installed and working.  I've not managed to successfully do this on my laptop yet (when I tried, it blew up MAX and it took almost a week of work to get the system back "the way it was", namely with 2016 installed and running properly).  So I regret I can't look at your code, but here are some ideas --

• I'm assuming you are plotting a Waveform, which has LabVIEW Time as part of the Cluster.
  • If your data are in a Waveform, then you need to be sure the "dt" setting is correct for your sampling rate.  In particular, if you sample at 1KHz, dt = 0.001 (1 millisecond).
  •  I recommend setting your Time Axis (X) to Autoscale.  You can manipulate it later if necessary.
  • Set the Display Format for Time as Floating Point, with 1 or 2 digits of Precision.  It will then show you the time in seconds.
  • If you want the time scale to be milliseconds, change the Multiplier on the Scale Property for Time from 1 to 1000.

Play a bit with Chart settings, and see what works for you.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,512 Views)

Hi Amanda,

I want my x-axis to start at 0 and count in milliseconds up to 50(maybe like 5 ms intervals) with just a relative time.

Set the x axis scaling to whatever you like - switch off autoscaling as needed…

Why do all controls/indicators in the blockdiagram hide their label?

What's the purpose of a "wait for next millisecond" in a loop communicating with an external device 4 times per iteration?

Why do you need to build a cluster of two elements just to convert that cluster into an array? Have you heard of BuildArray before?

Why do you Reshape an 1D array of two elements into a 2D array of 1×2 elements? Have you heard of BuildArray before?

Why do you resist to take advices from people while still asking for more help?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,500 Views)