LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waveform averaging

you can tell NI-Scope configure horizontal timing  to set the reference position to 50% , your data in the first post look like the ref position was set to zero.

that is the position where the trigger (positive slope at 0V in your case) will occure, like the picture of your scope, where the trigger position is in the center (50%)

Can you capture 500k samples at 500k sample rate display is in a graph , Edit-Make current values default, save and post it here, so we will get a better idea of your data?

The Make Current Values default and save will keep the displayed data in the graph ...

OK, try this NI example , (BTW , a lot more examples are shipped with your LabVIEW, nice to learn 😉  )

The extract tone information usually was better than the internal measurements.... give it at least 20 periodes (or more...)  how fast do you need the the frequency and amplitude to update?

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

Message 11 of 12
(404 Views)

Thanks!

I realized that I need to find the appropriate values ​​for sampling rate and min record length. The Extract Single Tone Information VI works fine. I can insert the division by the square root of 2 to get the RMS value — not a problem.

The Avraged DC-RMS VI is still not working, though now it is not needed.

I attached my awful VI file. It was made to check the possibility of measuring the current consumption, output signal amplitude and frequency of the device under test. Actually have to measure a couple of device parameters by changing the frequency, signal level from the generator, and the control voltage. It is necessary to make a new VI based on a finite state machine. But this is offtopic, sorry.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(384 Views)