From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waveform attributes

Is there a list of waveform attributes that can be reused in labview 8.51?

I am interested in using the pre existing attributes to minimize the code I need to write to display (Graph) my data, such as the plot channel name.

Does anyone use the waveform attributes outside of express daq vis?

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,417 Views)

falkpl wrote:

Is there a list of waveform attributes that can be reused in labview 8.51?

I am interested in using the pre existing attributes to minimize the code I need to write to display (Graph) my data, such as the plot channel name.

Does anyone use the waveform attributes outside of express daq vis?

For the rare occation when I can use the channel names set-up in MAX, yes I use them. But that is mainly for the channel name.

Since the attributes can be anything you set, there is only a limited set of established attributes which is listed under the detailed help for the "Get Waveform Attributes Function". I never did manage to harness the functionality of the units since "crossing the streams is bad"* is just not allowed.

I hope that helps,

Ben

* Ghost Busters, Using multiple units types in an array.

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 2 of 2
(3,411 Views)