LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waveform Plot Name in Legend Reverts to default even if I change it with a Property node

I have a waveform chart where I am trying to name the plots different titles, so that they appear in the plot legend with a meaningful name, rather than 'Plot 1', 'Plot 2', etc.

However, no matter what I do, if I try to change plot 0's name to anything, the plot name changes for a split second, and then reverts to the name that it originally had.  I can succesfully control the names of the other plots, but not plot zero.  I have enclosed the VI with the graph control, which I cut and pasted from another VI. 

It seems that the properties of this control (though it is not  a custom control) are set, and that these settings take precedence over the Propery Node Instructions.  Is this a bug, or am I missing something.

Try it for yourself.

Wes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wes Ramm, Cyth UK
CLD, CPLI
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,751 Views)
Ok, seems to be a DAQ-MX thing with the waveform ID.  I'll take a look, as this problem does not occur when I move to a machine that does not have the DAQ-MX configured.

Still, any insight would be appreciated.

Wes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wes Ramm, Cyth UK
CLD, CPLI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,743 Views)
Hi Wes,

I have tried running a few tests on the VI you posted and I was not able to reproduce the behavior you were experiencing. Could you please let me know what version of LabVIEW you are using? Thanks!

Steven C
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,722 Views)

Ignore attributes help says;

"

If FALSE (default), the plot names in the plot legend automatically adapt to the plot names in the dynamic or waveform data attributes. If TRUE, the plot names do not adapt to the dynamic or waveform data attributes. Change this property to TRUE if you want to change the plot names. This property applies only to graphs and charts with dynamic or waveform data.

"

Trying to help,

Ben

Message Edited by Ben on 11-28-2006 07:46 AM

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 4 of 4
(2,713 Views)