From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waveform Chart Reference Conflict with 2D Array?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone,

I have a (hopefully easy?) problem with the attached Untiltted 2.vi.... I need to wire a reference (from the "MVC and Stim" graph) to the X Axis Curs Sub Array subvi so I have get the x-axis cursor positions from the MVC and Stim graph... When this graph is a 1D array, it works fine (bottom graph should graph the data between cursors)... But I change the MVC and Stim graph to a 2D array that plots multiple waveforms the graph ref will not connect the subvi?

Any suggestions? I am on a tight timeline and this is killing me slowly...

Kind regards,

Jack

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,364 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jcannon

Hi

I have not yet chekced your vis as I do not have LabVIEW on my pc at present. I hope the code is in LV 2010 or below. IF not, please post the code in a version compatible with LV 2010.

However, just some questions:

Is your ref input selected to include data type? Have you create the reference control again inside your sub vi when you changed the graphs from 1D to 2D array? 

If yes to both qus, suggest try to remove the 'include data type'. this may cause problems in future. else, you have to recreate your sub vi input ref control again.

one way out is, just transfer the front panel reference of the vi which has the graphs to the sub vi, use application nodes to get the control name and reference from the panel, check for your 'MVC' and 'Stim' among the control names, get the reference of the control. this will save you the broken arrows.

Regards
Freelance_LV
TestAutomation Consultant
Message 2 of 3
(2,358 Views)

Hi Freelance,

Thanks for the advice... I removed "Include data type" from the reference in the subvi and now it is working...

Much appreciated... Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Jack

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,347 Views)