LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watllow F4 Controller, Turning ON/OFF Compressor and Turning ON/OFF heat (air flow)

Hi All,

I have two questions regarding Wallow F4 Contoller  and I am hoping  that you guys can help me out on this one. I am working on project with the watlow F4 controller trying to control the environmental chamber by using watlow F4  LabVIEW drivers. I am trying to accomplish two simple things by writting to the MODBUS register. The two things are:

1. How can I by just writing to the MODBUS register, Turn ON and Turn OFF the Compressor.

2. How can I by just writting to the MODBUD register, Turn ON and Turn OFF the Heat Flow (Air Flow).

I would really appreciate if you guys can help me on this one.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,682 Views)

Hi nxb,

Is the hardware you are working with such that it requires specific commands be sent to it in order to turn it on and off? Does on for the hardware mean we need to provide it with a certain voltage, which is being supplied somewhere else? Do you have some sort of manual that outlines what to write to the Modbus register in order to invoke a certain response from the hardware? 

Ross S.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,632 Views)

Hi,

Here is the manual that helped me find the right registers to target, allowing me to turn on/off air flow as well as turn on/off compressor.

http://www.cszindustrial.com/portals/1/pdf/watlowf4_usermanual.pdf

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,572 Views)