LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning +1073676293 when using Visa driver for Ethernet Keithley 2701.

Hello,

Here attached there are two pictures: one configures the instrument using Visa driver downloaded from NI, the other one shows the same configuration bypassing Visa and just using TCPIP connection. In the first case I get an warning +1073676293. Could somebody help me with an explanation?

Thank you

Stefan P.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,993 Views)

That warning means that the read function saw a termination charater (often \n or ASCII 0x0A)  usually you can ignore the warning.  However, if your data may have that value (like reading raw ADC values) its nice to know that there might be more data in the buffer so VISA correctly throws the warning.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,971 Views)
Since you aren't doing a read in the second VI, you won't get an error or warning associated with a read. There's a read inside the initialize function.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,964 Views)

I know that is coming with the reading command. What we should do to don't have the warning for every reading? With TCPIP connection when I’m doing readings I don’t have warnings.

Thank you

Stefan P.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,956 Views)

and that is one reason to USE VISA.  there are standard warnings and errors.  In this case you can safely ignore the warning or use the general error handler to clear the warning

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,942 Views)

Thank you

Stefan P

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,937 Views)