From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to simulate a PCI-6024E

I would like to use NI-DAQmx to simulate a PCI-6024E for developing code on my PC which does not contain this acquisition card (or any other DAQ card).

I just finished installing NI-DAQ 7.4, with MAX 3.1.1.3004. In MAX, I right-click "Devices and Interfaces", then select "Create New", then "NI-DAQmx Simulated Device". The dialog box that appears will only allow me to simulate devices for SCXI, SCC, TEDS, or RTSI.

Is there a way to simulate an acquisition card such as the PCI-6024E? How can I obtain this option?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,544 Views)
I'm not sure what is different between your installation and mine, (I'm also running MAX 3.1.1.3004) but when I check on a machine with NI-DAQ 7.4, when I "right click" in MAX on NI_DAQmx devices it presents me with a menu that has as a selection NIDAQmx simulated device. When I select that it gives me another menu with a tree menu with what appears to be most of the current device types (M series DAQ, E series DAQ, etc.) It sounds like you may not have a complete installation, some how. Was yours "two cd's" worth? One is supposedly the 7.4, the other drivers.

Good Luck,

Putnam Monroe
Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,534 Views)
I did download both "CDs" for the NI-DAQ 7.4 installation, and chose to install everything except for NI-SWITCH and the IVI Compliance Package. It does sound like a corrupt installation... suppose I can uninstall everything then try again...

Thanks for your response.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,530 Views)
Yes, it was probably just a corrupt installation. A reinstall should solve the problem.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,502 Views)