LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to know the details about the fine frequency offset algorithm

Does anyone know how the fine frequency offset algorithm works? The turtorial about carrier recovery is not very clear. I want to know the details. Thank you. Attached is the fine frequency offset block used in Labview. Anyone can explain it to me.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,615 Views)

Hello zhenjason,

Can you tell me where are you getting that VI from and what is the name of the VI?

Regards,

Miriam
Field Applications Engineer
NI Colombia
CLD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,591 Views)

It is "..\National Instruments\Labview 2010\vi.liv\AddOns\Modulation\Digital\Demodulation\subVIs\mod_PSK Remove Fine Freq Offset.vi"

Thank you 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,584 Views)

Hello Zhenjason,

Is there a specific application you are wanting to use this VI in? What would you like to know about this VI? How are you trying to use this VI?

Best Regards,

Jignesh P

Applications Engineer

Best Regards,
Jignesh Patel
Principal RF Software Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,552 Views)

Hi. First, I want to know how the fine frequency offset algorithm works mathematically (There is no detailed description about it). Second, I am planning to modify it to estimate the fine frequency offset of a received signal that is modulated by another on-off signal (i.e. you receive, say, 80 symbols then the next 80 symbols are all zeros, and then another 80 symbols received and so on). Could you give me some material about the first question? I will appreciate it if you can also give me some advice on the second one. Thank you.

Jason

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,547 Views)

HI, Jignesh. I did not receive your reply since my last post. Could you at least tell how this fine frequency offset algorithm works mathematically? I am new for labview and have difficulty in understanding the codes in that vi. Thank you.

Jason

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,530 Views)

Hello,

The VI is propriety and therefore doesn't have details on how the algorithm/mathematics is implemented. Is there a particular reason why you want this information?

Best Regards,

Jignesh P

Applications Engineer

Best Regards,
Jignesh Patel
Principal RF Software Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,513 Views)