LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to know compatible Card?

I want ti implamant a protocol in which a pulse pattern of 30 pulses (.5us pulse width ,2usec time period) is to be transmitted and another pattern is recieved after 300us  then next pattern is to be transmitted on the basis of recieved pattern and similarly the data transnission takes place. I am having NI PCI 6251 . Is it possible to create this cyclic transmission and reception by progaramming in Labview?if yes please give me some guidance.

Yours sincerely.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,378 Views)

Hi Ali,

your PCI6251 has specs of 10MHz clock for all DIO pins and 2 CTRs with a 80MHz source clock.

So you should be able to generate pulses as described and also to receive bit patterns as described!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,374 Views)

I generated pulse pattern but to achieve time intervals i m using timed loop that is not becoming less than 1ms. Is there any way to create time interval in useconds between transmission and reception with out using Realtime PC targeting?

Yours sincerely

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,360 Views)

This is a good situation for LV FPGA.  You can use an R series card and program the FPGA in it to do your communication protocol.

Using your current card, you need to generate a digitial waveform and tell the card to send the waveform.  You will also have to tell it to recieve a digital waveform that you can read.

Windows cannot be relied upon for timing.  So I am back to recommending FPGA.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 6
(2,356 Views)

Can i resolve the issue of timing by using Labview real time PC targeting.? Is it reliable?

Yours sincerely

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,335 Views)

Hello,

It sounds like you are trying to use software timing, when you can accomplish only accomplish this speed using hardware timing. Instead of trying to send a pulse in software every time you want to send one, you can tell the hardware how fast to output the signal and send data in packets. I have included a link below explaining the difference between hardware and software timing. I hope this helps!

Hardware vs. Software Timing: http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370466V-01/mxcncpts/hardwresoftwretiming/

Regards,

Jason D

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,282 Views)