LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wait (ms) Function and Cicles

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I want to give a wait to my VI (it could be 1 second same as 1h or more). I was using the wait function but what I want to know is if it is possible to set a break  so that the user can interrupt the VI before the wait function has finished.

In case it is not possible should I replace it with a for/while cicle? If yes, what is the duration of each iteration of a for/while cicle without any element in its inside?

Thank you guys

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,449 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author inuyasha84

No, you cannot abort a Wait (ms). You can abort a Elapsed Time function.

It's sillyto ask how much time a loop takes with nothing in it. You can't have a loop wait for x amount of time without code inside the loop.

Message 2 of 7
(2,444 Views)

Yea I suppose that was silly a thing like that with the for/while cicle but I need to set a break.

About the Elapsed time function how can I stop it?

Thank you for your help

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,439 Views)
It's inside a loop. Don't you know how to stop a loop? Read the help. The Time Has Elapsed output or a Boolean control will stop the loop.
Message 4 of 7
(2,433 Views)

mmm I saw the example and read the help. I think I should use the time delay instead since I want that the user set the time to wait.Is it correct?

EDIT: no you were right. I read better the help.

Thank you for the help now it is clear 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,428 Views)
No, no, no.

You can set the time for the Elapsed Time function in the exact same manner as the Delay or Wait (ms). As I already said, you cannot abort the Wait (ms). If you didn't care about aborting a long wait, why did you ask the question in the first place?

This is trivial. Place an Elapsed Time function in a loop with a stop button. Run the VI. Whatch how you can stop the loop at any time. Create an indicator for the Time Has Elapsed output. Whatch it.
Message 6 of 7
(2,423 Views)

yep I edited the message. at the end I did the VI as you write in your last message 🙂

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,421 Views)