From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voltage Filter

I am trying to filter voltages read by my DAQ-6008.  Currently, I have both a 5 volt signal and a 2.5 volt signal being read by the DAQ Assistant in my .vi.  These two voltages are then compared to specified voltages (either 2.5 or 5) in the comparison block.  The purpose of this .vi is to increment a counter if the voltage matches, i.e. if the 5 volt comparison is true, "Numeric" increments by one, and if the 2.5 volt comparison is true, "Numeric 2" increments by one.  My problem is that I can either get the 5 volt comparison to work or I can get the 2.5 volt comparison to work, but not both at the same time.  (There are switches between the voltage source and the analog inputs on the DAQ which can be triggered at anytime and need to record one when done so).  My brain tells me there is interference in the comparison when two or more voltages are input to the DAQ card at a time, and I speculate that I may need a type of voltage filter between the DAQ Assistant data out and the two comparison block Operand 1 inputs.  The filter connected to the upper comparison block would filter for only 0 or 5 volts, and the lower for only 0 or 2.5 volts.  Is there a way to do this, and if not, what can I do to make this work? 

My intention is to triple the amount of comparisons with 6 different voltages input to the DAQ.

I appreciate any help that can be offered!

Thanks!

Message Edited by csossi on 12-04-2008 09:33 PM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,556 Views)

Hi,

What you need to do is split the signals before you send each individual signal to the comparison express vi.  This is done by going to the functions palette>>Express>>Signal Manipulation>>Split Signals.  I attached a JPG below of how to implement this in your program.   

Regards,
Jordan F
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,513 Views)