From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voltage Controlled Oscillator using rio

I have a myRio and wish to design a VCO ie a direct digital synthesis sine wave (doesn't need to be more than a few hundred Hz +/- 10Hz say) who's frequency is controlled by dc. I looked at the sine wave generator on the FPGA but  it is an express VI and you cannot get access to it to add code. Any suggestions what to use? I even thought of using the processor but I can't get access to the D to A except via the FPGA or am I missing something here. Do I generate on the processor and then FIFO the data back to the FPGA to get the data out to the real world?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,273 Views)

Hi there,

Yes, you could but it would be better to generate the signal directly on the FPGA and there is no need to alter the sine wave VI, instead, you can expand its functionality with more code as visible on this white paper: DDS Waveform Generation Reference Design for LabVIEW FPGA.

You can see FPGA code implementation on that link and example code that can be modified to match your specific application needs.

I hope this helps

Alejandro C. | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,236 Views)