LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voigt profile fitting by Labview or read parameters from origion

I want to analysis the data of the spectra. The peak normally can be fitted by the Voigt profile.

However, I just find the example of Gaussion fitting by labview. The origion also support the transfer  the data from orgion to labview. I also just find how to fiiting the peak as gaussion profile and then read the parameter to labview.

I hope some people can give me a sample for fitting a peak by Voigt profle, reading the fitting parameter from origion to labview or fitting the peak in labview directly both OK.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,041 Views)

What is an "origion"?

A Voight lineshape is a convolution between a Lorentzian (Cauchy) and a Gaussian. All you need to do is write a model subVI accordingly and use nonlinear curve fit (vi model).

For a single Voight line, there will be four parameters:

1. Position
  2. Amplitude (or integrated area)
  3. Gaussian Width
  4. Lorentzian Width 

See how far you get.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,030 Views)

Thanks for your reply.

Origin is a software for data analysis. It can be used for line profile analysis easliy, include gaussion, lorentz, voigt and so on.

http://wiki.originlab.com/~originla/wiki/index.php?title=LabVIEW:Simple_NLFit

I want to fiiting a peak by Voigt profile to acquire the line width of its lorentz. The gaussion line width has been know.

So, would you give me more detailed suggestion for it?

Thank you again.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,971 Views)

Yes, I am familiar with Origin (just not with "origion" ;))

If you know the Gaussian broadening, you will only have 3 fitting parameters left, making the problem even simpler. (is the true zero level known or could there be a vertical offset of the data?). What are your units for the Gaussian width (sigma, with at half height, etc.)

Have a look at the nonlinear fitting examples that ship with LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,969 Views)

Thanks for your reply again.

I have finished the VI that can send data to origin for Voigt fitting and then read the reuslt from origin.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,963 Views)

Hi I am very interested in your program that can send and read data from Origin cause I've just started studying spectral analysis!

Can you show me your method or the main idea of you program

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,207 Views)

I need help in making plot in labview using the data present in origin plot. How can i do it? It will great help for me, 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,857 Views)