LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Void input

I'm having issues with placing a mean block on the output of a DAQ assistant. I have seen this done on a video and copied it exactly although for some reason I am unable to make the connection as "the sink is void" e.g. the mean input is void. I have attached a simplified example of my VI to highlight the issue. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,436 Views)

Hi

I tried open your attachement in LV2015 and it displayed error as you mentioned and i clicked some where in block diagram and the error got solved by its own

with pallete "convert from dynamic data"

i saved the same and i opned again the issue was not replicated

Hope you need to use coversion pallete to solve the issue as tge input to mean is Numeric array.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,431 Views)

It doesn't seem to want to fix itself. Keeps telling me that im trying to connect dynamic data to void but doesnt do anything about it and convert the data. And when I put the conversion in manually it messes up the rest of the program. In another program I have the mean worked fine and fixed itself like you say, although in this case I'm having no such luck.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,428 Views)

Are you using same version in both scenario (Working code as well as Problematic code )

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,420 Views)

Yeah both are the same version. It just doesnt seem to want to auto fix the data conversion.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,416 Views)

Could you attach your corrected version of my VI so I can try and deduce the issue?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,407 Views)