From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice Recognition with LabVIEW and Windows Vista

I'm attaching the file of the program that i want to do about the voice recognition. help me out please understanding what is the thing that i have to put in the global variable. Thanks.

P.S: It's in spanish!

0 Kudos
Message 41 of 60
(2,410 Views)
I've looked at the document but am not sure what global variable you are referring to as I don't see one in any of the images.
Alex Person
NI-RIO Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 42 of 60
(2,372 Views)

Hi Alex, the global variables i'm talking about are in figure 9 which is called, "motor "and there is another one in figure 11 called "apagar". Do you know what does the subvi in figure 9 contains? Can yo explain me what is the function of a global variable and what kind of information it keeps? And also what does the matlab do and what is the info inside of it in figure 4. You can zoom it in order to see tha images better.

Thanks!! 😄

0 Kudos
Message 43 of 60
(2,361 Views)
I see it now but without being able to read the context around it, I'm really not sure what's being stored in it.  The best I can tell is that it's one of the signals being processed but I'm not sure which one.
Alex Person
NI-RIO Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 44 of 60
(2,345 Views)

Hello!

This topic has been very helpful so far but there is something I still don't quite get it... Let's say that we focus on the "Get Temperature" example... There is a case structure called "speed"... what's the purpose of it? To control the desired frequency? I've tried to do somethnig simmilar with my project, but instead of that I want to control the slide(scrool)bar... The thing is I have a 0-120 bar so it would be stupid to define values separately... I understand this can be done with the "Decimal to string" function but i don't know what to set as an input. Thank you very mutch for your help!

B.S. 

0 Kudos
Message 45 of 60
(1,772 Views)

Hello Benjamin,

Where is the "Get Temperature" example you are referencing? I couldn't find it in this thread or on the NI Example Finder.

Thank you,

Deborah Y.

Deborah Burke
NI Hardware and Drivers Product Manager
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 46 of 60
(1,750 Views)

Oh I'm sorry for the misleading expression... I was refering to the Voice Recognition example in which the Get Temperature.vi is missing:

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-4477

My apologies,

B.S.

0 Kudos
Message 47 of 60
(1,745 Views)

Hello B.S.,

I opened the example you're talking about and see the missing 'Get Temperature.vi'. Unfortunately, this was a customer-posted example, not an NI employee, so we're not going to know what that is until he posts it, which seems unlikely since it's a few years old.

In the 'speed' case structure, that Invoke Node sets the value of a named control or indicator of the variant, here it's 'Command'. You can wire a value of any data type to this method. For your application you would have the scroll bar you want to update be in the place of 'Command' in this example. You could similarly use the Decimal string to number VI and input the value you wish to set the slide to programmatically. Post if you have any questions.

Regards,

Deborah Y.

Deborah Burke
NI Hardware and Drivers Product Manager
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 48 of 60
(1,728 Views)

Hello

I couldn't understand how the speed command should works , do i need to pronounce the world speed after that say a number or what ? , i ve tried many time but it doesn t work

thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 49 of 60
(1,545 Views)

hi 

could you please help me to resolve this problem , my program is composed from those file : main.vi / robot.vi /Speech recognition test callback.vi / speech recognizer initialize

i explain the program at first , after running the main.vi when i say the word "robot" ,a program called "robot.vi" is going to be executed ,this part works fine , but the second part when i try to set a value to ''control value:set method '' i get nothing  

best regard 

Bahri Houssam

0 Kudos
Message 50 of 60
(1,525 Views)