LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice Recognition with LabVIEW and Windows Vista

I am building the same app, under Vista and a 64bit processor. On the code for the callback, after using a unbundle to get SpeechRecognizedEventArgs e, I cant access its properties because it throws a Property Node: Invalid Refnum class

Any idea why this might be?

(using init2.vi provided here)

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 60
(3,734 Views)
I'm not understanding what you are trying to do with the code.  I opened the VI but couldn't tell what you had added to it from your description.  Could you post a screenshot or the code itself?
Alex Person
NI-RIO Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 60
(3,711 Views)

You may want to consider taking a look at something I created, "LabVIEW Speak"

Article Posting: http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/pub/p/id/909 

Getting Started Videos: http://decibel.ni.com/content/groups/labview-apis/blog/2009/11/19/labview-speak--programming-lv-thro...

This program does a variety of things out of the box, but is also intended to act as an abstraction layer between the user and the Microsoft .NET speech API. 

I haven't read the whole thread, but this tool allows you to make a command set array of strings, send it to the LVSpeak Engine, and receive LV events when one of the commands is detected.

The entire code base is open and I'm using the .NET API so perhaps you can see how I accomplish some of these actions that you're trying to work through.

-Norm 

Message 33 of 60
(3,605 Views)

Hi everyone!

I need help in my final project. I am trying to make a security system for a house based on voice recognition and also by entering a code or password. I need help in doing both. I don`t know from where to start. I just know the basic functions of labview.

I will appreciate your ideas and comments.

Thanks!:D

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 60
(3,459 Views)

MaFer, 

Do you need to recognize one persons voice from another persons voice?

Or do you simply need the system to recognize a specific word/password?

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 60
(3,441 Views)

Well, what I want to exactly do is  to simulate an alarm system for a house, in which you type a password and you say a word code... My idea is to first save a specific voice in a data base in labview, which i don't know how  to do it, so that when I want to come into the house I type the correct password and the system recognizes my voice so it desactivates the alarm, and whenever I want to activate the alarm I do the same thing. The thing is that i will have alarms in different parts of the house, for example the main door, the kitchen, the living room..etc And what i think would be nice is  that if i could say "activate living room" it recognizes the voice that is permitted plus it activates that alarm.

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 60
(3,435 Views)

Ok, I understand what you're looking for, but unfortunately the microsoft functionality (from what I know) can not distinguish unique voice patterns which limits it's ability to do what you are looking for.

I have heard of people doing voice processing using LV but have not seen an actual implementation.

Good luck in your searching.

-Norm

PS, if the need to detect a specific person goes away, stop back here w/ questions regarding getting going w/ what MS can do. 

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 60
(3,392 Views)

Ok, Thank You! As I was researching I found this document, it's in spanish, i don't know if you might understand it but it kind of like shows how to identify a specific voice. They show the block diagram and everything maybe you can help me try to understand what were they exactly trying to do.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/27904467/indentificador-de-voz-con-labview

Thanks! Norm.

0 Kudos
Message 38 of 60
(3,371 Views)

It's difficult to see the block diagrams in much detail but it general it looks like they train the VI by taking a signal, normalizing it, and performing a correlation on it.  This value is then stored as the 'password'.  When they record the user again, they perform the same sequence on it and compare the results.  If the correlation values are similar, they pass it.

It looks like they might be doing a few iterations of the processing as it looks more complicated than the simple steps listed above but I think that's the general idea of what's going on. 

Alex Person
NI-RIO Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 39 of 60
(3,357 Views)

I need information about the applciations of labview in an industry for example in a an assembly line.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 40 of 60
(3,336 Views)