From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice Control through LabVIEW pinouts

Hello everyone,

I'm working on a Voice Controlled Robot which I will be utilizing LabVIEW as well as .net in order to implement the Voice Recognition System. I'm getting a list of commands ready to implement. Does anyone know whether I will need 1 pin per command on the DAQ? or how does this work. My thinking was that I'll will need 1 pin on the DAQ sent to an arduino which in turn will go to my motor controller (Sabertooth 2x25), this is turn will operate my motors for the appropriate command. Has anyone done anything similar to this?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,271 Views)

Ok, what?

We need a LOT more informaiton on your system to be able to come even close to answering.  What does the arduino have to do with anything?  How are you doing processing and where and how is your system supposed to look like......

You've given some information but absolutely nothing which would allow anyone to make anything other than a wild guess as to what you might need.

Spoiler

So if that's what you want:

Marmot.  I reckon Marmot is the answer.

Shane.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,248 Views)

@EMET_ENGR wrote:

Hello everyone,

I'm working on a Voice Controlled Robot which I will be utilizing LabVIEW as well as .net in order to implement the Voice Recognition System. I'm getting a list of commands ready to implement. Does anyone know whether I will need 1 pin per command on the DAQ? or how does this work. My thinking was that I'll will need 1 pin on the DAQ sent to an arduino which in turn will go to my motor controller (Sabertooth 2x25), this is turn will operate my motors for the appropriate command. Has anyone done anything similar to this?

Thanks!

.net to LabVIEW to DAQ to Arduino to Motor Controller - Did you just decide to use every piece of equipment on your desk?! Smiley Wink

As Intaris has said, you haven't given us nearly enough detail, but I would say that this is several layers of complexity too many. Why not simply communicate with the Arduino directly using the LIFA toolkit or serially? This is a much better solution than sending digiatl lines high on a DAQ to send messages.

-CC

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"If anyone needs me, I'll be in the Angry Dome!"

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,206 Views)