LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vision display very slow

Hello everybody,

i have a camera feed wich i want to display with labview. therefore i built a producer / consumer system ( two loops with a que for the image array) . where an image with 2560*1920 (8 or 12/16 Bit) is aquired and stored in a queue. Than i load the image and use the Vision "array to image" function.

so far every thing works with the intended 15 FPS the camera can provide.

But as soon as i create an "vision Image Display" and make it big enoth (1280*960) and display the camera picture every thing goes choppy. (8 or 16 bit doesnt make any difference).

now i have found two solutions...

1. using the vision "IMAQ wind draw" does not display any performance issues no matter how big i make the window. but it is realy inconvinient because i need roi tools and other stuff which divides my interface in many different windows.

2. overlapping the "image display" with something else like firefox, or zooming extreemly into or out of the displayed picture are improoving the performance considerably.

both "solutions" are no real option. is there any way to speed up labviews frontpanel drawing? or can i somehow use the "IMAQ Wind Draw" and integrate it into the labview interface like a "sub panel".

Or is there any other possible solution? anything?

lg Benedikt

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,077 Views)

Hi Benedikt

I found something which might help you.

IMAQ Front Panel Display Deccreases update Rate for Large Images
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/248548C45C3FF31386256D2F005ADF96

Please tell me if it is working.
If not, could you upload your project and tell us which Vision and LabVIEW Versions you are using?

Regards
Kilian

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,035 Views)

I will try on monday when back in the office. but i remember to have tried the synchronous display. also wouldnt a higher refreshrate be even more taxing to the system? all my other routines are already disturbed. anyway ill have a look. thank you.

as system i have a 64bit 2013 (on a win 7 ) with actual updates. But i tried on a different machine with LV64 2014 (on win 😎 fresh install just for that purpose.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,010 Views)