LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vision assistant features

Solved!
Go to solution

I was wondering if someone could tell me how to modify an image´s brightness, contrast and histogram with the vision assistant. I want to do this, so I can normalize the image and reduce the impact that the external light has on the image. The system I´m developing will always have illumination, but I don´t want the results to change so dramatically with just a little change in illumination.

Can someone please help me?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,205 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nando88

There is direct function under image - brightness.  You can adjust brightness, contrast and gamma. If you want to go dynamic check lookup table

Message 2 of 9
(3,194 Views)
Is there something I could do to adjust the histogram of the image, to normalize the image a little more?
Always using the vision assistant.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,190 Views)

In vision assistant you can play with the look up table functions.  In labview you can implement certain normalization functions

Message 4 of 9
(3,184 Views)
Is there anything else I could do to normalize the image?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,172 Views)

How do you want to normalize the image? For example using histogram value or correlation of intesity values? Please give some details

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,152 Views)
I tried what you told me before, and it worked great, but I think I can still get better results. I used the brightness, contrast, color plane extraction and lookup table. How can I use histogram and correlation?
Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,138 Views)
I tried using histogram, and nothing happened. I tried both options, but nothing happened. The other thing is that I can't find correlation anywhere. Can you please tell me where I can find this option in the vision assistant?
Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,128 Views)

I have tried something similar.  I will post that once I get to my pc

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,121 Views)