LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vision Licenses and Broken Image Processing Functions

Hi all,

Help! We have created a program that collects data from USB3 vision cameras and performs some image processing on the collected data. We would like to deploy this as an stand-alone application onto a machine without LabVIEW. The program is written in LabVIEW 2013, and the installer automatically includes the LabVIEW RTE, the Vision Common Resources, the Vision RTE, and NI-IMAQdx 4.2.0. We have purchased a license for the 2013 Vision Development Module RTE.

However, when we go to install this application on the target machine, the software prompts for a VIsion Acquisition Software license (as well as a Vision RTE License). I was under the impression that the Vision Development Module RTE License covers the Vision Acquisition Software (See here: http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/207700). However, the NI License manager asks that both the Vision RTE and the VIsion Acquisition Software be activated. So far, we have only activated the Vision RTE, and the VIsion Acquisition Software is still in a 7 day trial period. My first question is: does our application require two licenses, one for the Vision Development Modules RTE, and one for the Vision Acquisition Software? The target computer is a 64 bit Windows 7 Pro machine with an Intel i5 processor and 8 GB of RAM.

When running the installed application from the stand-alone application, we see some unusual behavior. The software successfully communicates to the cameras and displays images. However,  none of the image processing and machine vision functions (calibration, edge detection, pattern matching, etc) are operating correctly. That is, they don't work at all! Now, I have seen this kind of behavior in cases where the vision RTE is not installed, but this is certainly not the case here. So my second question is: Why are the image processing and machine vision functions not working? Strangely, the IMAQdx functions appear to work just fine. We have attempted a repair and reinstall of the software/drivers with no success. 

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Pleaes let me know if I have not provided some crucial piece of information.

Thank you,

Adam

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,219 Views)

Hi Adam,

I am sorry to hear that you have been having such difficulties deploying your application. As far as the licensing goes, you are correct that the Vision RTE includes a license for VAS. You should be able to activate it using the same serial number. If you are unable to activate it using the serial number, you can try generating an activation code here.

Can you offer some more detail on what is going wrong with the machine vision functions? Are you getting any error messages or warnings? Is your executable stopping? Also, have you tried building a simple executable from one of the examples in the NI Example finder? I am curious if this issue is specific to this executable or if it spans across all machine vision executables. For your reference, here is a White Paper that goes through the steps needed to create an executable using VDM.

-Erik S

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,155 Views)