From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vision: How to get all edge points coordinatioin

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I tried to get all egde points of a ROI of a object with labview vision module. I used "IMAQ Find Edge VI" but it only return the coordination of  the start and the end point.

In addition, I used "IMAQ Rake 3 VI", it can get all edge points(from search lines terminal). However, it can not show these resulted points on the image, so I cannot easily confirm the edge points right or not. 

Could someone can help me about the issue: how to get all edge points coordination and show them on the image.  Thinks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,449 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author pkr_111

I found that the process could solve my issue: "Rake 3 vi (find first edges)" and "overlay points (show results)".

However, it seems too a little complex. Are there simple methods to achieve the same results? Could "IMAQ Find Edge" show all the edges?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,443 Views)

Have you looked at the Examples that come with LabVIEW?  In particular, have you looked at the Magic Wand example?  Note that it produces an ROI whose edge is a curve around the selected object.  You could, of course, implement this algorithm yourself, but I suspect NI's implementation is likely to be much faster ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,410 Views)

Hi Bob. Thanks for your reply.

The "magicwand" indeed can find the edges.

In my case, I need more flexibility about the edges searching condition.(sorry I didn't metion above)

Although, the magicwand may achieve my demands, it still need some additional proceess.

Anyway, you provide me a new, good method. Thank you again!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,357 Views)

Try to share the actual code

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,345 Views)

Hi Palanivel,

I've already solved this issue. Thank you.

I'll be glad to post the actual code, if anyone else has meet the same problem.

Message 6 of 6
(3,331 Views)