LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vision DevMod: How to create large Gaussian filter kernels with integer values like Vision Assistant uses

Hello,

in Vision Assistant it is possible to create filter kernel of arbitrary size, like e.g. a 75x75 Gaussian kernel. These kernels feature integer-only elements. I tried to find a function in the Vision Development Module, but have been unable to find something so far. So I still create a Vision Assistant script with such a kernel and export it to a LabVIEW VI in order to abtain such a kernel. Any ideas on how to create such kernels programmatically?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,033 Views)

Hi,

it seems there is no way around this. I found that the vision development module for LabVIEW has some predefined kernels, but these are way too small for your application.

Best regards,

Frank

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,909 Views)
-You can generate custom kernels in LabVIEW also, but you need to have either string or numerical of that kernels. Without these two, i am not sure of how to do this.
-Please check this for building kernels.
http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370281M-01/imaqvision/imaq_buildkernel/
-Let's say you are able to programmatically generate kernel string, it will convert to kernel in double format automatically and connect this to convolute vi.
Thanks
uday
Message 3 of 3
(2,885 Views)