LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vision Assistant to find the brightness

I have taken a some pictures of LED with different brightness by giving different current values. I want to find the brightness or intensity from the picture of LED from Vision Assistant. Is there any direct way to find out?

I can upload the image if you want.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,741 Views)

Hi BALAJI_PRASANNA,

it would be helpful, if you upload a picture.

If you want to measure the intensity of a picture region, you could use the Measure function in the Image palette.

Regards, Stephan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,710 Views)

The Histogram step, Quantify step can be typical ways to do that for grayscale images.

You may need to set up a coordinate system if the part under inspection moves in between images, so that the region of interest defined in the Quantify step is repositioned accordingly.

I would recommend to look at the Dental Floss solution (Help>>Solution Wizard>> Pharmaceuticals>>Dental Floss Inspection).

While this is a different application, it shows how to use the coordinate system and the Quantify step to verify the proper application of paste on the dental floss using intensity measurement.

Hope this helps.

Christophe

Message 3 of 6
(3,686 Views)

Hi Christophe,

Thanks for the reply. Dental Floss Inspection was little helpful. I have uploaded the image, i am in slight trouble to find the brightness of that image. Hope you can help me in anyways. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,632 Views)
Hi Stephan,

Thanks Stephan. I tried to measure the intensity or brightness from the Measure function from the image palette. I didnt get this. so i uploaded the picture. I want to measure the brightness only on the LED region.

Hope you help me.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,625 Views)

Hi,

Try out this Vision Assistant script. It shows how to use the Quantify in conjunction with the magic wand tool to get intensity measurements on the LED.

The image you attached is very saturated. To be able to make meaningful measurements, you probably should close up your aperture and/or decrease the exposure time to acquire an image that is not saturated.

Best regards,

Christophe

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,610 Views)