From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vision Assistant - .bin not found

Solved!
Go to solution

Thought I'd try here first before raising a support call on the off chance someone's come across it before.

Running Win7 64bit and LV 2013 SP1 (via 2014 DS SP1), with the Vision Development System installed. I have a fully-populated Vision palette, and can use the low level Vision VIs to my heart's content...

However, I can't seem to run Vision Assistant. On dropping the Vision Assistant from the palette, I get the following two errors:

vision-error1.png

vision-error2.png

I am also unable to open previously configured Vision Assistant instances in other code, although no errors are returned - the VA just doesn't run.

I also have LV 2012 SP1 installed (amongst other older versions) and now get the same error with that. I haven't tried to use VA since I switched to LV 2013 several months ago.

Has anyone come across this before?

I'm just trying to repair Vision Assistant 2013, which I'd like to think will fix it, but we shall see. I'll let you know when all 117 of the requisite components are also finished repairing Smiley Mad

---
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,544 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author thoult

The repair solves it.

Sadly, that involved repairing components for 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010... but still, at least I got to put my feet up for a little while whilst it was completing.

Will mark as solved in case anyone else has the same issue.

---
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,534 Views)