From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vision Assistant VI server Error

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

For a small machine vision application using myRIO I'm using FPGA to pre-process images. This I'm doing via Vission Assistant to generate FPGA code but seems like the VI server isn't configured properly. 

Over at Tools>>Options>>VI Server, I have checked TCP/IP ( with port number 3364 ) and have also added the mentioned VI in the error to the exported VIs and gave it an access. Still Vision Assitant won't generate FPGA code and give the same error. 

Attached screenshots. 

Regards. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,453 Views)

Did you also add your machine (or the * wildcard) to the machine access list? Also, the VI Server options are target specific - are you configuring/setting your VI server options for your computer, or for the myRIO?

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,434 Views)

I need to configure VI Server for myRIO since I'm enroute to creating a custom FPGA code for vision processing. Yes I have added my machine to the machine access list (astewrisk *) + the IP address of myRIO (172.22.11.2). It seems that error is specific to adding "IVA Create LabVIEW VI.vi" to the exported VIs list; did that and didn't work. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,408 Views)

Try to make sure that LabVIEW has the right firewall settings enabled:

In the Control Panel, select Windows Firewall, then on the left pane, click on Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall.

Find your LabVIEW in the list and make sure that Home/Work is selected (you might want to check them all at first, and if it works, start unchecking either Domain or Public).

Please let us know if that fixes the issue. If not, we'll try something else.

Thanks

Christophe

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,397 Views)

@ChristopheC wrote:

Try to make sure that LabVIEW has the right firewall settings enabled:

In the Control Panel, select Windows Firewall, then on the left pane, click on Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall.

Find your LabVIEW in the list and make sure that Home/Work is selected (you might want to check them all at first, and if it works, start unchecking either Domain or Public).

Please let us know if that fixes the issue. If not, we'll try something else.

Thanks

Christophe

But I have my firewall disabled. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,387 Views)

@Sam_Sharp wrote:

Did you also add your machine (or the * wildcard) to the machine access list? Also, the VI Server options are target specific - are you configuring/setting your VI server options for your computer, or for the myRIO?

* + myRIO IP. 

machineList_VIserver.png

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,360 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author NapDynamite

I see that the TCP port used is 3364. Can you please try to change it to 3363 and let us know if this works?

I apologize for thinking of that 3 months later.

Thanks.

Message 7 of 7
(3,147 Views)