LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visa help

I am using labview visa to control 4 different device in one software, actually I can control 3 of them, but to control my laser device it does not work, I think I f I can run my laser codes outside of while loop it will solve problem. Can I put some codes outside of while loop, I mean some codes have to run continuously till I push stop, but in laser it cause problem and I want to run laser in same software but not continuously, when I need the change wavelength I want to change in one time after that laser section should stop and the others have to run. I mean, in labview visa, I want to run some part in while loop some part I don't want is that possible and I I am doing that can I change anything in outside of while loop part when program run. I hope I am clear if not just tell me which part I am not clear.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,928 Views)

I would receommend using a state machine. You may also use multople parallel loops each controlling a different device if the devices will be independent of each other. I would look at tehe examples for state machines or search the forums. There is lots of information regarding them.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,924 Views)