LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visa error -1073807343 while using usb LED's

Hi All,

I am trying to communicate with LED hooked up to the usb , my vi works fine on one computer but gives me error on the another one( the other have the same configuration) the error I am getting is "-1073807343" can someone tell me what can be the problem. attached is my vi.

thanks,

AG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,113 Views)

@AnkitG wrote:

Hi All,

I am trying to communicate with LED hooked up to the usb , my vi works fine on one computer but gives me error on the another one( the other have the same configuration) the error I am getting is "-1073807343" can someone tell me what can be the problem. attached is my vi.

thanks,

AG

Apparently it's not the same if you're getting that error.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,066 Views)

Hello AnkitG

Could you explain a little bit more what you are trying to do? I don't seem to find the relationship between your VI and the question you posted. What 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,046 Views)

@WenR wrote:

Hello @AnkitG

Could you explain a little bit more what you are trying to do? I don't seem to find the relationship between your VI and the question you posted. What 

Hi Wen,

The LED's are connected to usb to serial adaptor, and I want to find those LED's resource name using my vi to control them further in my program. while running the vi on a different computer I get this error i dnt understand, these led's just use rs232 connection I should be able to use the visa command to communicate .  but I get this error, I couldnt understand if this error is that it didnt find the LED's or something else.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,038 Views)
What com ports are listed in MAX? How is this list different from your other pc?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,030 Views)

AnkitG wrote:

The LED's are connected to usb to serial adaptor

Does the second computer have the drivers installed to make that USB-Serial Adaptor work?  You should see the COM ports show up in the Windows Device Manager and in MAX.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,020 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

AnkitG wrote:

The LED's are connected to usb to serial adaptor

Does the second computer have the drivers installed to make that USB-Serial Adaptor work?  You should see the COM ports show up in the Windows Device Manager and in MAX.

yes, i do have drivers installed, I am able to see in Ni-Max , i give visa resources name to the program. I also uses filter wheels

and while controlling or running the program I get this error(see attached)

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,009 Views)
Neither of those images show the error code that is in your first post. I'm confused as to what is actually happening.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,988 Views)

@Dennis_Knutson wrote:
Neither of those images show the error code that is in your first post. I'm confused as to what is actually happening.

Hi Dennis_Knutson,

those are the other 2 erros following the original " error -1073807343 "  , I checked the device manager the com ports are different , but I am feeding the main resource name directly to my vi's , also I am using .net library (provided by the hardware) which gives me error 1172   . net exception.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,953 Views)
You can't get my name correct either.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,944 Views)