From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visa Resource Control sizes strangely with window scaling.

Has anyone else noticed that VISA Resource Controls scale strangely when window size changes and scaling front panel objects is enabled?  Attached are two pictures of a VI that is scaled while maintaining aspect ratio.  The DAQmx Device Controls scale properly, but the VISA Controls go crazy.  Does anyone have a solution for this?  As though getting things to scale with different window sizes wasn't hard enough already...

-Alec

Mechanical Engineering Services
www.ahmackenziedesign.com
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(4,169 Views)

I can't recreate anyting like that with 2012.  I notice you have two different styles of controls.  Is that intentional?  Try deleting the goofy one and recreate it.

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(4,158 Views)

Hi aputman,

I've tried replacing the control on the diagram.  I have extra controls on there to demonstrate that it happens with all styles of the VISA Resource control (Silver, Mordern, and Classic).  It doesn't happen with DAQmx Device controls.  You can even see how the control expands and leaves the label floating in the middle.

-Alec

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(4,149 Views)

I see.  I was setting one control to scale with the pane but if i set the VI property, "Scale all objects on front panel as the window resizes", i get the same effect but it happens with other controls besides the VISA.  Also happens with DAQ MX Task Name and Shared Variable.

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(4,137 Views)

So it sounds like this is a bug or inconsistant behavior thats continued from LabVIEW 2012 to 2014?  Its kind of a BS problem - its going to make my VI look like turd for the end customer...

-Alec

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(4,091 Views)

The solution is to not resize those controls with the panel.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(4,086 Views)

How do you do that?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,924 Views)

@jticheno wrote:

How do you do that?

Right click it and uncheck scale object with pane

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,914 Views)

Can you please take a look at the PPT and give me your thoughts?  It is regarding setting a minimum front panel size, then setting the two options to maintain ratio, and scale in the VI Properties> Window Size.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,907 Views)

Can you please take a look at the PPT and give me your thoughts?  It is regarding setting a minimum front panel size, then setting the two options to maintain ratio, and scale in the VI Properties> Window Size.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,871 Views)