From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing more values on Graph from DAQ Card

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am acquiring a Signal using DAQ Card, the problem is that i can view only few values on the Waveform Graph. Kindly guide me if i want to view more points on the waveform graph, what should i do in my programming window.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,983 Views)

Hi Abuzar,

generic answer for your generic question: collect more data in your data buffer…

- Have you looked at all the example VIs coming with LabVIEW?

- Have you taken all those free beginner courses offered by NI on their website?

- Have you considered to attach your VI to get more specific comments and answers?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 9
(2,965 Views)

Thanks alot, i will try the buffer input, i think it will work.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,949 Views)

I am attaching my VI which is very simple, i am just collecting and plotting the signal.

Since my signal is of low frequency, i can view only single peak, but i want to view more than one peaks.

I think for that i have to collect more than this number of data and plot it on the graph.

I couldn't find any buffer that can take the express signal input.

Kindly guide me what should i do.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,943 Views)

Hi Abuzar,

can you attach your VI in LV2011, right now I'm limited in the LV versions I can use…

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 5 of 9
(2,940 Views)

Dear GerdW,

I am attaching the file in 2011 version, Pls check.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,935 Views)

Hi Abuzar,

your VI is just an expressVI and a graph - nearly to nothing…

- Why do you set the DAQAssistent to "limited number of samples", when you want to have a continuous measurement?

- Did you look at the example VIs coming with LabVIEW? Those that explain DAQmx functions?

- A graph only displays the data in the wire you feed to. When you want to display more data you need to collect it. When you really want to stick with expressVIs then you could use the one, which allows appending signals…

- Learn to use shift registers!

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 7 of 9
(2,906 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Abuzar

I think you just want to use a CHART instead of a Graph.  A Chart has a history associated with it, so it shows more than just the last set of data you acquired and wrote to the graph.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 8 of 9
(2,850 Views)

Thanks alot all of you for you kind help.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,805 Views)