LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing data in real-time and saving on-demand - USB4000 Spectrometer

Hey,

I am trying to create a program with a USB4000 Fiber Optic Spectrometer to allow the user to view the data in real-time on the front-panel, yet to be implemented, and also be able to save the data to an excel datasheet, or if another format if more appropriate. I am reasonably new to LabVIEW and have limited experience with saving data to excel.

I am currently trying to build upon one of the example VIs given with the drivers. Currently the VI produces data like the following:

Wavelength (nm)    Spectrum Data

xyz                               xyz                      

I want my VI to continue to append to a new column every iteration but I think due to me inputting an array of dimension size 2 it can't but am unsure how to get around this?

The current VI starts off by creating the Headers and then appending to insert the spectrometer Data.

NI.png

Any help would be much appreciated, apologies if I am unclear about anything.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,212 Views)

Ok, a couple comments. First, it is easier to build a 2D array by appending rows and then transposing the array before saving it. Also it is much more efficient to preallocate the array if you know how many columns the data is going to have.

Second, adding a new column or row isn't a problem because an additional column (or row) doesn't effect the number of dimensions.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,089 Views)