cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing and deleting dolumns from variable size spreadsheet

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am attempting to make a two step VI. The first step will read the first line of a spreadsheet and display that row as a 1-D array. There will be a second array of the same length filled with boolean switches. These can be configured to determine which columns are kept and which are deleted. The second step will take in the boolean array and delete columns accordingly.

I've been able to make the second step without issue (feeding it a predefined array of constants). I thought I had the first step working but now it throws me into a continuous loop of Select File to Read From popups so that I never make it to the second step. My biggest problem is that I need this VI to read spreadsheets of different dimensions so the boolean control array has to adjust accordingly. I tried a build array and a for loop but I keep getting the Select File to Read loop I mentioned. Plus the arrays are restricted to the size I set for them and the best I could do was add a horizontal scroll bar. The whole point, however, is to see the column name you are clicking off so I am wondering if there is a way to autosize them or have the scroll happen together?

Any advice is greatly appreciate.

Thanks,
Yusif Nurizade

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,948 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Akello

Partial images of diagrams are useless for us. Please attach the actual VI and maybe a typical input data file.

(besides, what you show makes little sense. For example, what's up with the "equal TRUE" part? What's the point of the while loop that just does the same thing over and over as fast as the computer allows?)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,937 Views)

Thanks for the response!

I took another look and realized the silly mistakes you pointed out (and some others) and got it working.

Thanks again!

Yusif

P.S. Unfortunately I can't currently upload my VIs but will try to do it when I can in case anyone wants to use it as an example.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,917 Views)