cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View remote front panel without installing run-time environment

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone,

I have a question concerning the LabView software.

I am currently using LabView 2014 to develop applications, which the user can acces by remote front panels (from executable applications).

Because of the concerns of the clients IT department, now i am looking for a way of providing acces to the applications without installing the run-time enviroment.

I found some documentation regarding this problem but there is only a mention of the internet explorer plugins (which is not enough to display the front panel correcly).

What is needed for running the remote front panel inside an internet explorer window ? 

Best wishes,

Andrei

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,868 Views)

Andrei,

you are looking for WebServices.

This requires your application to work as a web service and you (or IT) has to create a web page which interacts with the web service.

In case you are not sure what a web service is:

Additions to web pages like local weather information or time services are usually web services which are queried by the web page.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,858 Views)
Solution
Accepted by AndreiN1983

Remote front panels require both the appropriate plugin for the browser you are using and also require the appropriate version of the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine.

You might want to have a look at the WebSockets link in my signature - we've had a lot of success at creating web-based remote panels for our software using WebSockets. There's a presentation and example here: https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-41778. Using my library allows you to create your own user interface using html/css/javascript and communicate with a LabVIEW application.

You should also check out LabSocket - it's a replacement for remote front panels based on WebSockets so it should save you having to create the user interface yourself as it uses the front panel of your VI.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,848 Views)