From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very simple Q: Can you append more than 1 table to a word report? - if so how

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

As stated in the subject, is it possible to append more than 1 table to a word report?

Very simply I have test data feeding into an array and being appended to my report with the append table to report vi.

I have the same thing again sending data to a different array which I would also like to insert into my report in table form. I placed a second append table to report vi directly after the previous vi but it doesn't work.

... Am I being stupid? or is this function only meant to be used once? maybe i need another vi after the append table vi before being allowed to add another?

Feel free to enlighten me as I am confused,

thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,086 Views)

Please post a snippet of your code so we can see how you are doing this. 

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,054 Views)

And if you don't know how to make a LabVIEW Snippet, just attach the VI that creates the report with the two tables ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,033 Views)

Sorry, I thought this might have had a simple answer, attached is a sample vi. I haven't attached the actual vi because the procedure is massive and is not necessary to test this issue so i threw together a very simple version of the report generation. The sample vi does exactly the same thing in terms of creating a word report, appending a table, then another, then closing the report but without the clutter.

Please run the vi I've attached see if you get 2 tables in your report or 1 (i only get 1). Also i have no doubt im missing somthing in order to make this work.

Feel free to make suggestions! Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,023 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Luke.F

Change the column width input of both Append Table To Report.vi from 10 to 1. Setting it to 10 (unit are inches) will throw an error.

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,012 Views)

Well, changing the column width fixed the issue - I now get two tables appended seperatley as desired.

For some reason I am now getting an error when trying to save the report.. but i think its a different issue to be resolved.

Thanks for your help..  Apologies for my stupidity

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,006 Views)