LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version control in labview ?

How to change from latest version to previous version

For example

I created a project by naming it as version 1.

Later my colleague edited the same project and named it as version 2.

Now with help of labview can i extract the files of version 1 ? And compare the difference between Version 1 and version 2 .

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,273 Views)
Are you actually using a version control system? LabVIEW has nothing built-in. If the new project and VIs weren't copied into a new folder, then you only have one set of files and there is nothing to compare. If you took this basic step and have the pro version, then you can open both projects and use Tools> Compare VIs.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,264 Views)

Version control is a whole different system where you can see the older versions depending on your check-out and check-in. Here in LabVIEW you have two options Source control and version History and I believe it can be linked to a Version control tool but how it works am not sure about that. You can search in NI and can find some useful information.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,255 Views)

Hello 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,248 Views)

You obviously already have LabVIEW so I don't understand what sort of link you are looking for. If you have the menu option that I mentioned, you have the pro version. If you don't, you would have to upgrade.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,214 Views)

And if you want to know what version control system you can use, please read the hundreds of posts that have already been posted on this: http://forums.ni.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?q=version+control+for+labview#message-list

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,209 Views)

Maybe she/he should browse to this collection of whitepapers.

Norbert 

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,202 Views)

Hi!

Since you are not using version control tools, you can place the two versions of the sw in two different folders and use the compare tools of labview, for instance Tools->Compare->Compare Hierarchies.

If the project was simply renamed (i.e. there's no Version 1 backup), I'm afraid the old version is lost forever,

and that's why you should use a version control software.

Regards,

Marco

Message 8 of 8
(3,196 Views)