From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valid value for cursor.xscale property

Solved!
Go to solution
I am trying to create a property node for "cursor.xscale" but when I try to write a numeric input into it, it does not accept any value ( atleast all the values I tried). An error shows up saying the value is invalid. What is a valid value for this property and what exactly does this property do ( not a lot of documentation available I guess)

[BADGE NAME]

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,662 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author blessedk

the XScale property is a number from 0 to n - 1, where n is the number of X Scales you have on your graph (usually 1).

Here is an example of a graph with 3 X Scales and 2 cursor associated with scale "Time" and "Time 2" respectively.

Screen Shot 2016-04-20 at 14.54.13.png

The reason why this matters is that the X Values you read in the cursor "X" column will be different depending on whether the cursor is associated to one or another scale, as you can see above.

HTH.

Message 2 of 7
(3,654 Views)
OK. Understood. But then If I have only one X scale why does it still say invalid when I try to write integer 1 to it?

[BADGE NAME]

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,650 Views)
The main reason I asked this question is that once I zoom in on my graph I am unable to drag my cursor. Before zooming in. I am able to drag my cursor.
I thought this had to with X scale but from your explanation it doesn't. Do you have any idea why i can not drag my cursor when the graph is zoomed in?

[BADGE NAME]

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,645 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author blessedk

If you only have one X scale, then the only value it will accept is zero, since that's the index of that cursor.

I remember you having the cursor not moving issue a few days ago, I think.  Did you ever manage to post a VI that has the problem displayed the instant it's loaded so we can see the issue?  Without that it's very hard to debug your issue, as graphs have a ridiculous amount of property nodes to get or set.

Message 5 of 7
(3,638 Views)
Hello Kyle:

A quick info that may also enable you help.the cursor point style (8) changes visually when the graph is zoomed in ; as if itself is also zoomed in too.

[BADGE NAME]

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,623 Views)
Oh! You know what I think I should consider this solved. There is simply a zoom in limit beyond Which the cursor can t be selected because the data points are spaced wider than the zoom resolution. On a different note ( actually the main caption of this thread) Kudos to you both for explaining this cursor.xscale. One of those "seemingly" little things that don't seem to have a lot of documentation.

[BADGE NAME]

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,613 Views)