LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valid value for cursor.xscale property

Solved!
Go to solution
I am trying to create a property node for "cursor.xscale" but when I try to write a numeric input into it, it does not accept any value ( atleast all the values I tried). An error shows up saying the value is invalid. What is a valid value for this property and what exactly does this property do ( not a lot of documentation available I guess)

[BADGE NAME]

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,669 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author blessedk

the XScale property is a number from 0 to n - 1, where n is the number of X Scales you have on your graph (usually 1).

Here is an example of a graph with 3 X Scales and 2 cursor associated with scale "Time" and "Time 2" respectively.

Screen Shot 2016-04-20 at 14.54.13.png

The reason why this matters is that the X Values you read in the cursor "X" column will be different depending on whether the cursor is associated to one or another scale, as you can see above.

HTH.

Message 2 of 7
(3,661 Views)
OK. Understood. But then If I have only one X scale why does it still say invalid when I try to write integer 1 to it?

[BADGE NAME]

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,657 Views)
The main reason I asked this question is that once I zoom in on my graph I am unable to drag my cursor. Before zooming in. I am able to drag my cursor.
I thought this had to with X scale but from your explanation it doesn't. Do you have any idea why i can not drag my cursor when the graph is zoomed in?

[BADGE NAME]

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,652 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author blessedk

If you only have one X scale, then the only value it will accept is zero, since that's the index of that cursor.

I remember you having the cursor not moving issue a few days ago, I think.  Did you ever manage to post a VI that has the problem displayed the instant it's loaded so we can see the issue?  Without that it's very hard to debug your issue, as graphs have a ridiculous amount of property nodes to get or set.

Message 5 of 7
(3,645 Views)
Hello Kyle:

A quick info that may also enable you help.the cursor point style (8) changes visually when the graph is zoomed in ; as if itself is also zoomed in too.

[BADGE NAME]

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,630 Views)
Oh! You know what I think I should consider this solved. There is simply a zoom in limit beyond Which the cursor can t be selected because the data points are spaced wider than the zoom resolution. On a different note ( actually the main caption of this thread) Kudos to you both for explaining this cursor.xscale. One of those "seemingly" little things that don't seem to have a lot of documentation.

[BADGE NAME]

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,620 Views)