LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIs worked in LabVIEW 2009 but do not work in LabVIEW 2010

Solved!
Go to solution

No.  Something is wrong with that link.  It gives a "Lotus notes" error and says the entry is not found in the index.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 20
(1,880 Views)
Sorry, one extra character at the end of the link.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 20
(1,869 Views)

Thank you for the link. My device is not listed in TDAQ so i cannot reset using the method suggested in the link.

I tried reset device.vi (TDAQ) at the end of portconfig.vi but it doesn't hlep.

In port config, my device is indentified as '1' and i think i should name my device 'dev 1' , is that right? 

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 20
(1,837 Views)

Is it possible that the PCI 6503 can be listed as DAQmx and Traditional DAQ device in MAX? My logic is if i have to switch between DAQmx and traditional DAQ by reseting, PCI 6503 should be listed in both types under MAX. 

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 20
(1,796 Views)

I think it is possible.  It's been a long time since I've installed traditionaly DAQ, but I think I've seen the same device show up under both parts of the tree if I remember correctly.

I've got to ask., why are you messing around with traditional DAQ?  When I looked at your VI in message 6, and got past the strong colors on the FP, and the stacked sequence on the BD, it looked like it was just using a couple of tradional DAQ VI's, and nothing that looked that complicated.

Just break down, read up on DAQmx, convert it, and get that VI into the 21st century.

Message 16 of 20
(1,783 Views)

Yes, I am doing that. But this is holding up the experiments. So I thought an easy fix for now and then once the work load goes down i can concentrate on changing the port config.vi using DAQmx. 

I would really appreciate if you or someone can provide me steps for listing PCI 6503 as both types in MAX.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 20
(1,772 Views)

I don't have any solution for you for getting it to show in Trad. Daq.  Dennis has already given far more advice than I could have come up with.

You think it is quicker to try to get Trad. Daq working to keep from holding up experiments, but I really think if you had put that time into converting it to DAQmx, you would already be running by now.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 20
(1,760 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jpdas06

@Jpdas06 wrote:

Yes, I am doing that. But this is holding up the experiments. So I thought an easy fix for now and then once the work load goes down i can concentrate on changing the port config.vi using DAQmx. 

I would really appreciate if you or someone can provide me steps for listing PCI 6503 as both types in MAX.

Thanks again.

You should be able to see the DAQ card in both driver interfaces DAQmx and Traditional DAQ. I just checked on one of out test fixtures. We have MAX 5.6, DAQmx 9.8 and Traditional DAQ 7.5 on Windows 7 32-bit. We use LabVIEW 2013 executables on this PC, but this really doesn't matter.

I believe the only exception, when you don't see cards in both drivers, is when the card is supported in DAQmx only. But in your case this card (PCI 6503) is supported by DAQmx and TDAQ.

I had some issues before renaming devices in Traditional DAQ. If you have more than one card, the device names not always match in both drivers. You could have one card for example as Device 2 in TDAQ and then as Dev 4 in DAQmx.

I would uninstall and install again the Traditional DAQ driver. I never added cards manually to the drivers. This should happen automatically.

Message 19 of 20
(1,757 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jpdas06

I uninstalled and reinstalled the DAQ legacy drivers and then PCI 6503 showed up in MAX under DAQmx and traditional device. Earlier I was installing legacy DAQ drivers and then DAQmx drivers and that sequence is wrong. I recommend installing DAQ legacy at the end.

Programs work fine and do not need any resetting.

Thank you all for the inputs.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 20
(1,586 Views)