From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIs worked in LabVIEW 2009 but do not work in LabVIEW 2010

Solved!
Go to solution

The VIs were originally written in LV 7.1 but then compiled in LV 2009 and saved. These VIs worked fine on Windows XP machine.

Unfortunately, the XP machine was crashed and I am trying to run these VIs in LV 2010, with windows 7, 32 bit.

I have installed traditional DAQ drivers (latest version, 7.5) alongwith DAQmx (version 9.8).

We use these VI to control the vacuum valves, using PCI 6503. 

To initiate we first use a VI that reset the valves and the PCI card. The name of the first vi is: portconfig.vi This vi uses port config and port write VIs. I see the error 10401 from port config vi, when I run step by step (i.e., sequence 1). However, the VI runs but not doing any actual work.

The second VI that depends on first VI, and therefore the second VI is also not working. on this VI we have buttons (representing valve) and when we click on them, the valves should shut off or open, but nothing happens in LV2010. the same VIs worked in LV2009!

PCI 6503 card is defined under devices and interfaces in MAX. It is not defined under legacy DAQ devices. When I test PCI 6503, it works. 

I am attaching both the VIs (there are in QuadMain.llb). I dont know how to get the actual VI from the harddisk...

first open portconfig.vi 

then open Control Panel.vi

there are global variables used in Control Panel.vi, there are listed in Valve Global.VI, which is in globals.LLB (second attachement).

I really appreciate if someone can convert these VIs for LV 2010.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 20
(3,475 Views)
Why did you install DAQmx if you don't intend to use it? Remove it and see if that works. Your device must be listed under traditional DAQ in MAX.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 20
(3,464 Views)

I installed DAQmx because the second VI use DAQ assistant and may be other features of DAQmx. Without DAQmx the second VI did not open in LV 2010. So, as soon as I installed DAQmx, the PCI 6503 automatically removed from legacy DAQ devices and listed as just device.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 20
(3,455 Views)

You may check with NI support if there is an issue using DAQmx 9.8 and Traditional DAQ 7.5 on the same PC.

I remember that there were compatibility problems with some of the DAQmx/TDAQ drivers.I think it was related to DAQmx 8.8 and TDAQ 7.4, but I am not sure.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 20
(3,421 Views)

In connection to my question, it is possible to set PCI 6503 as legacy DAQ device in MAX?

The attached image shows how the list of devices in MAX looks like currently. I want to define PCI 6503 under legacy device. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 20
(3,321 Views)

The other option is if somebody can help me to change the attached VI using DAQmx. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 20
(3,292 Views)
Doing a reset should allow you to enable the traditional DAQ driver. Of course, your DAQmx program would stop working until you did another reset.

If you need help with converting a VI to DAQmx, please post to the job board. Conversion can be non-trivial.
Message 7 of 20
(3,262 Views)

Thank you. I dont have to use vi with DAQmx, before running the portconfig.vi (which is in DAQ legacy). So reseting should not be a problem. It would be nice if you can tell me how to reset exactly....

thank you. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 20
(3,248 Views)
Start by using the Reset Device button that you should see in the image you posted.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 20
(3,223 Views)

I did that. I get error 10401 from port config.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 20
(3,210 Views)