LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIs immediately tagged dirty on open

Solved!
Go to solution

I would expect that list to contain something like: Compiled source file from older LV version.

This is my assumption: Your VIs are created with an older LV version than you are currently using.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(933 Views)

In the properties menu you can also copy the path to the VI in question so you can paste it into Windows explorer if you want to open the VI itself.  I do this if I want to do something like update rev info on a VI that needed to take a change.

For some reason you can't do this from the error list.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(925 Views)
Solution
Accepted by wildcatherder

I guess I should have made it clear I wanted to know how to Stop this behavior.

It began after I uninstalled LabVIEW 2014 64-bit and installed LabVIEW 2014 32-bit, because the recently purchased MathScript RT Module will hang LabVIEW 64-bit (although, why many other legacy 32-bit functions are properly handled).  Apparently, this constitutes a "version change", which is what I found in ALL my subVIs under List Unsaved Changes.

THE SOLUTION:

I forced a mass compile with CTL-SHFT Run Arrow, closed the top-level VI and told it to Save All.

I no longer see a flag that the subVIs need to be changed when I merely open one.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(901 Views)

Yep, that would do it.  You could have also done a mass compile.  FYI, the Separate From Compiled would have avoided this issue for you.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(887 Views)

I did do a mass compile.  "Separate from Compile" is not a good option for me because I am building run-time executables.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(869 Views)

@wildcatherder wrote:

"Separate from Compile" is not a good option for me because I am building run-time executables.

That only becomes a factor if you are dynamically calling VIs that are not included in your EXE.  When you build the EXE, you have the compiled code in there.  The Seperate From Compile is only for the VIs when they are out on their own.  It makes source code control a lot easier.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(854 Views)