LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VISA

I am trying to send a trigger signal out of my PXI 8108 controller to an external device. I know that the new version of Labview/VISA does not support this feature but I am using Labview 2009 and I should be okay. I was wondering what I should select for "VISA resource in" and "VISA resource out". I am very new to VISA. I really appreciate any suggestions...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,435 Views)

You want to send trigger from which interface?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,389 Views)

Thank you for your reply. I'm kind of new to this "trigger out" topic using "VISA" . I am not sure what you mean by "from which interface" 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,383 Views)
Which PXI trigger are you talking about? What feature do you think is no longer supported? Provide a link.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,380 Views)

I am trying to send a trigger signal out of PXI 8108 SMB connector to an external device. I checked the PXI 8108 manual and it says that is possible. But I was told that there is no programming setup that uses the SMB connector as a trigger in newer versions of LabVIEW. Apparently only VISA in the earlier version of LabVIEW like 2009 can do this. I have the old version of Labview that supports this SMB trigger out feature but need to know how to do it.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,367 Views)
You were told?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,362 Views)

I filed a service request for "trigger out from PXI 8108 SMB connector" and the application engineer told me that "Unfortunately there is no programming setup that uses the SMB connector as a trigger in newer versions of LabVIEW. The only supported code was the example I sent that uses VISA in the earlier version of LabVIEW. This feature was removed in later versions because the signal was repurposed as a Watchdog trigger. You will need to get a Timing and Synchronization Module to perform the trigger you need. I would suggest looking into a PXI-6653"

I have Labview 2009 and I would like to know if I can send a trigger signal out of PXI 8108 SMB connector to an external device using VISA. I appreciate any advice.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,347 Views)