From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VISA

Hello,

I have to connect to an external PC via LabVIEW using a GSM-862 GPRS Terminal. On the external PC there is a VI running that listens constantly for incoming connections. I already can connect to that PC via my created VI, but when I have to send the password, that has to be a TCP-command (as the server waits for a tcp-read). How can I integrate this in LabView? Can I do this with a VISA-write command or is there another method?
In the attachment my current VI can be found, but note that the last 3 VISA-write-commands (password, network and roaming) aren't working, there is my problem!

Can somebody tell me how to send them correctly?

Kind regards,

Kuvak
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,522 Views)
If needing a TCP connection, use the TCP functions found in Functions - Communication - TCP. Here you will find the TCP Open, TCP Read and Write, TCP Close. See attached vi. Note that the password can be typed in normally to make sure it is correct, then the display can be changed to show stars by selecting Password Display. ALWAYS close a connection (VISA/TCP/File/anything) when done.
- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,516 Views)
my goal is to connect to the server (with IP 141.037.155.089 port 64646) via VISA, and then send data with TCP (without entering IP again!)
your solution sets up a new TCP connection (with IP and port), AFTER visa, but my computer is not connected to any network via LAN (only GPRS Terminal on COM1)

Message Edited by kuvak on 05-27-2005 08:33 AM

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,498 Views)
tbob's solution will work if the AT commands create a "real" network connection in your PC (one that appears with your other network connections).
If they do, then you may need to wait before opening the TCP connection.
If they don't, then you will probably need to continue doing this through AT commands to your GPRS modem, and you would need to know the proper AT commands for opening, sending, receiving and closing a TCP connection.

(2,485 Views)