LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VISA timed out error in Newport ES301 LabVIEW

Hi All,

I have developed a motion control program for Newport ESP301 using LabVIEW 2014. I have to use this program to control linear drives with the help of a different system that has LabVIEW 2015. The program generates a timed out error 1073807339 on VISA read. There has been no trouble on sending the command to the controller but reading back generates the error. Moreover, when running individually the Read - write command vi, the error happens alternatively (every alternative time it works individually but not in the main program).  I tried to implement suggestions mentioned on previous posts related to this issue, but to no avail. When I run the program with the system on which it was developed there is no error. 

On the new system, if I remove all read based Vis from the block diagram, there is no error happening. I have attached the main program. 

The error always generates at the read actual position vi. 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,971 Views)

You could drop a property node in and change the TimeOut value to something larger and see if that works. Sorry, can't open your VI to see if you're already doing that.

Visa TO.png

CLD | CTD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,938 Views)

I also can not open your VI, I am 2011.
I doubt timeout in reply is the reason, it is 10 s by default and reply happens in milliseconds..

Can you check COM settings in Windows device manager and in Max. If they are different, Labview will ask which settings to use - MAX or load from Windows. Sometimes there are troubles if they do not match and do not correspond to what device expects even if you configure them in program.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,928 Views)

Hi ss25

Did you solve your timeout problem?

I got the same exact problem as you described before... but using Labview 2015.

In my case, the system never Wait for end position, after I ask to move using Move relative function. That's quite anoying, since my data acquisiation must be taken exactly few hundreds of ms after the motion is stopped.

I'll be happy to hear any of your advice

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,596 Views)