LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VISA not working for compiled application

Solved!
Go to solution

I have written an application that uses VISA Resources, mainly GPIB.  Anyways, my laptop has labview 8.5 installed on it.  When i run the app on my laptop it uses the GPIB just fine, compiled or not compiled.  When i take the compiled application to my desktop which only has the labVIEW runtime files installed onto it, the VISA resources are not even detected (nothing appears in the drop down menu for the control) in the application but i can see them in MAX which is installed on the desktop machine.  Any suggestions?

Brent

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,577 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author BrentSchenk
It sounds like you did not include the VISA run-time when you built the installer. You must have only included NI-488 and MAX because the instruments are detected and MAX does not use VISA when it does a scan for instruments. You did create an installer didn't you?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,574 Views)

i just built an exe, i will create an installer and give that a shot and post back on how it goes

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,569 Views)

marked solution, i just needed to create an installer as well as include those runtime files!  thanks for the help, it is much appreciated

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,549 Views)

Hi, I am having the same problem. I recenlty purchased another computer and put LV 2012 on it and then copied by LV code from another computer running 2010. Now none of my GPIB or VISA functions will work. Can you help? Any ideas? I am able to connect to the GPIB device within MAX but not within my LV code. Here is a screen shot of MAX which may help.

joeMAX_SceenShot.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,096 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,082 Views)