LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VISA error 1073807339 appears in one case while doesn't appear in another

Hello, I've been browsing this forum for a few days, but I couldn't find an answer, so I decided to post my question.

I am using same part of code in two programms and in one of them, it works, while in the second one VISA error 1073807339 appears.

I am attaching fragments of a code of both programms with probes during execution.

Code1 is working example and Code2 is the one that doesn't work. Code3 is the code of Agilent 2000 3000 X-Series, that I am using, which in both cases is exactly the same.

The most interesting and annoying fact is that everything has been working so far and suddenly Code2 crushed without making any changes in a code. I have no idea what to do. PLease, help me if you can 😞

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,316 Views)

Hi turbolek,

you forgot the minus sign before your error number:  It's the usual TIMEOUT error occuring often on serial/VISA connections.

You need to check each and every command you send to the device.

You need to check (and wire!) each error cluster.

You need to crosscheck all commands with the description given in the device manual.

Did you include all needed TermChars?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,276 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

Hi turbolek,

you forgot the minus sign before your error number:  It's the usual TIMEOUT error occuring often on serial/VISA connections.

You need to check each and every command you send to the device.

You need to check (and wire!) each error cluster.

You need to crosscheck all commands with the description given in the device manual.

Did you include all needed TermChars?

Also, are you sure you're not sending a command that might take longer to execute than the timeout value?  (For instance, some sort of sweep that may take a minute or two to complete?)

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,258 Views)

It probalby was a hardware issue, because after few tries and restarts the code started to work withou any changes in it.

Anyway, thanks for all the replies

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,102 Views)